Designing for Scale: Challenge and Focus for the Idaho PTECH Network
When our goal is to connect education to employment, what are the challenges of scale?
Consider these key shifts to designing at scale:
- from day-to-day operations to building the future
- from doing it to enabling it
- from school operator to a school system (curriculum developers + IT experts+ school operators + ...)
As you probably recall, we discussed how other organizations have identified their challenge and approach. Some examples include:
1) KIPP CHARTER SCHOOLS
- THE CHALLENGE: How can we maintain quality and accountability as we grow?￼
- THE APPROACH: Invest in leaders.
2) RIDGE INTERNATIONAL ACADEMIES
- THE CHALLENGE: What do we do when there aren’t enough good teachers?
- THE APPROACH: Script the experience.
3) ROCKETSHIP EDUCATION
- THE CHALLENGE: How can we help thousands of kids catch up?
- THE APPROACH: Develop digital tools.
What is Idaho PTECH's challenge and approach?