The PTECH Program
PTECH offers Idaho high school students the tools to create a career path they can feel good about following. We want to help students get on a path to personal independence and a fulfilling, well-paying job in Idaho.
Through PTECH, students have the opportunity to explore careers and learn about themselves - their skills, interests, and what makes them tick. Students embark on a journey to a career by following the PTECH Career Map. As they move through the activities in the map, they not only learn more about themselves, but they can earn prizes while building a plan for their future. Along the way, students have opportunities to talk to and visit with Idaho employers, build their personal and career networks, and identify training and job opportunities right in their own backyard.
PTECH puts students on a career path designed to meet the real needs of Idaho industries. This can include online coursework while in high school, community college degree and certificate programs, and specialized training such as a code schools and on-site internships. The program produces qualified graduates ready to fill well-paying jobs that meet the needs of Idaho’s employers. Students are supported on a path to these careers beginning in high school and continuing after graduation.
Want to learn how actual PTECH students have benefitted from our program? Check out this video from our friends at Buck the Quo, who recently highlighted Jimmy, a basketball-playing tech student turned IT professional from Sagle, ID.
What Does PTECH Provide?
ptech tools and support
- Career exploration and planning
- Tuition support
- Laptops and tech support
- Support with career planning and workforce preparation through experiential learning and remote coaching provided by InsideTrack
- Internship and job shadow opportunities
- Connections to potential future employers
Idaho PTECH students graduate with a PTECH Package—a bundled set of credentials that includes a high school diploma, relevant technical certificates and training, workplace training skills and most importantly, job placement opportunities.
- Connect the right student with the right skills with the right career opportunity.
- Support placing students in well-paying jobs in PTECH career paths within high value industries including aerospace/advanced manufacturing, technology and healthcare.
- Build a talent pipeline of qualified students and prepare them for entry into Idaho’s workforce.