How does PTECH work?
PTECH puts students on a career path designed to meet the real needs of Idaho industries. This can include online coursework while in high school, community college degree and certificate programs, and specialized training such as a code schools and on-site internships. The program produces qualified graduates ready to fill well-paying jobs that meet the needs
of Idaho’s employers. Students are supported on a path to these careers beginning in high school and continuing after graduation at no cost.
What Does PTECH Provide?
ptech tools and support
- Tuition support
- Laptops and tech support
- Support with school work and workforce preparation through PTECH advisors and remote coaching provided by InsideTrack
- Internship and job shadow opportunities
- Connections to potential future employers
Idaho PTECH students graduate with a PTECH Package—a bundled set of credentials that includes a high school diploma, relevant technical certificates and training, workplace training skills and most importantly, job placement opportunities.
- Connect the right student with the right skills with the right career opportunity.
- Support placing students in well-paying jobs in PTECH career paths within high value industries including aerospace/advanced manufacturing, technology and healthcare.
- Build a talent pipeline of qualified students and prepare them for entry into Idaho’s workforce.